Why Using Authentic Photos for Your Business Matters
One of the most important “asks” that I have for my digital marketing and Local SEO clients is to be provided a steady stream of photos. One reason is to keep my pricing geared for small business owners. The main reason, however, is because the algorithms that give a business authority in search results, on maps and on social media, heavily favor authentic photos over stock images. Also, I want my clients to get found, increase sales, and be successful. With the recent surge of AI-based software and systems gaining headlines, the folks at Google have given the mainstream public an eye on how they have wrangled AI to store, process and analyze images at an amazing level. You’ve likely encountered CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) at some point in your life. It will ask you to pick out all of the stop lights, motorcycles, crosswalks or some other feature on an image to make sure you’re a person. Well, Google has that beat by light years…they have created Google Vision AI and it is completely awesome!
Google Vision AI is a machine learning technology that can identify objects, scenes, and faces in photos. This technology is used to improve the Google Photos app, and it is also being used to improve the Google Business Profile (GBP) feature.
When you upload a photo to your GBP, Google Vision AI analyzes the photo and identifies the objects, scenes, and faces in the photo. This information is then used to improve the GBP in a number of ways.
For example, Google Vision AI can be used to:
- Categorize your photos. Google Vision AI can identify the objects, scenes, and faces in your photos, and it can then use this information to categorize your photos. This can make it easier for you to find the photos you’re looking for.
- Improve your GBP’s search ranking. Google Vision AI can also be used to improve your GBP’s search ranking. When Google indexes your GBP, it takes into account the information that Google Vision AI has extracted from your photos. This can help your GBP to appear higher in search results.
- Provide more information to potential customers. Google Vision AI can also be used to provide more information to potential customers. When potential customers view your GBP, they can see the objects, scenes, and faces that are in your photos. This can help them to better understand what your business is all about.
Overall, Google Vision AI is a powerful technology that can be used to improve the Google Business Profile feature. By using Google Vision AI, you can make your GBP more informative, more engaging, and more visible to potential customers.
Here are some additional benefits of using Google Vision AI for your GBP:
- Increased engagement: Google Vision AI can help to increase engagement with your GBP by making it more visually appealing and informative.
- Improved search ranking: Google Vision AI can help to improve your GBP’s search ranking by making it more relevant to search queries.
- Increased brand awareness: Google Vision AI can help to increase brand awareness by making your GBP more visible to potential customers.
So how can you benefit the most from how your photos are being analyzed? The best answer is to us the most authentic photos that you can, because the algorithm is always paying attention. It knows when it has seen the same photo numerous times before. Think about stock photos for a moment and how many times those photos appear online. The algorithm knows, based off of metadata, tags and EXIF data among other metrics that it has seen them before and since anyone can buy stock images, create AI images, use a photo editor or illegally take screenshots, will give a higher authority to unique photos. So repeat after me, “the algorithm loves authentic images”.
There are many reasons why you should use authentic photos for your Google Business Profile. Here are a few:
- Authentic photos help build trust with potential customers. When potential customers see authentic photos of your business, they can get a better sense of what you offer and what it’s like to visit your business. This can help build trust and credibility, which can lead to more sales.
- Authentic photos help you stand out from the competition. In today’s competitive marketplace, it’s important to do everything you can to stand out from the competition. Authentic photos can help you do this by giving potential customers a unique and personal look at your business.
- Authentic photos can help you attract more customers. When potential customers see authentic photos of your business, they’re more likely to be interested in visiting your business. This is because authentic photos help potential customers visualize what your business is like and what they can expect when they visit.
Here are some tips for taking authentic photos for your Google Business Profile:
- Use high-quality photos. Your photos should be clear, well-lit, and in focus. If the image is blurred, Google will most likely reject it.
- Take photos that are representative of your business. Your photos should show what your business is all about; from the products you sell to the atmosphere of your location.
- Use a variety of photos. Don’t just use photos of your products or your storefront. Try to include photos of your team, your customers, and your business in action.
- Keep your photos up-to-date. As your business changes, be sure to update your photos to reflect those changes.
By following these tips, you can use authentic photos to build trust, stand out from the competition, and attract more customers to your business. If you’re looking for ways to improve your GBP, contact me or schedule an appointment to see how we can use this powerful technology to help you to achieve your business goals.